There are so many amazing artists and craftsman out there upcycling old and vintage maps into beautiful re-purposed items. As cartography, geography and travel lovers… here are our top ten that we would grace our homes with.
Dig up those old maps that were destined for the bin and give one of these or the many other ideas out there a go, send us your photos and we will post them alongside!
1. World Craft Ornaments. Maps make beautiful decorations for your Christmas Tree, add them inside clear baubles or decoupage over the top of an old ball of any size or shape.
Or Map Feather ornaments…. or even DIY Globe Garlands.
2. Wallpaper it or frame it. You can apply any variety of maps straight to your wall or cut out sections to frame or lay behind the glass of a door.
3. Kusadama Globes or Map Flowers. Fold it, layer it or cut it into shapes.
4. DIY map shoes. Not sure how they will hold up in the rain but they look amazing!
5. Nursery Artwork. We love what Marcelle Crosby has created here, would make for a great present for a fashionista mom-to-be.
6. DIY Lampshade. Simple way to dress up a drab lamp.
7. Christmas :: Make a Wreath or 8. Wrapping Paper.
9. Map challenge, are you really good with an Exaco-Knife? Try one of these two out if you are a real craft pro. Moose and 10. Not just for the baby, we want a wearable Dress.